If you have visited Red Energy Arena recently, you may have noticed signage relating to additional and upgraded courts. We are pleased to share with you that there has been confirmation of funding and scope for our venue as part of the Regional Sports Infrastructure Program.
The Regional Sports Infrastructure Program is delivering 15 new or upgraded sporting venues across the state, to help regional cities and towns become even better places to live, work, stay and play.
“The discussions we’re having with City of Greater Bendigo and Sport and Recreation Victoria are positive and the consultations will continue into next year,” said Dennis Bice, CEO, Bendigo Stadium Limited.
“The potential new build and upgrades to courts is exciting and will assist us with the increasing participation levels of basketball and other sports.”
The projects will help increase sports participation in regional communities and bring more elite sport to regional Victoria, supporting local businesses.
- Armstrong Creek Aquatic and Sports Centre
- Ballarat Sports Events Centre upgrade
- Banyul-Warri Fields expansion
- Bendigo Bowls Club upgrade
- Bendigo Showgrounds upgrade
- Bendigo Stadium expansion
- Eureka Stadium upgrade
- Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium upgrade
- Gippsland Sports and Entertainment Park upgrade
- Miners Rest Community Sports Facility
- Morwell Gun Club upgrade
- Shepparton BMX Club upgrade
- Stead Park upgrade
- Ted Summerton Reserve upgrade
- Waurn Ponds Sporting Complex.
The project is an integral component within our evolving community precinct development, and we will have more information to share with you in 2024.
We look forward to keeping you updated as we move forward!